Wednesday, February 22, 2012

10 Days!

We leave in just 10 days. I don't think there's any way to truly prepare for a trip like this. I have a feeling that South Africa and its people are going to teach me WAY more than I could ever imagine.

As March 3rd nears, I get more excited...and I get more pangs of nervousness and anxiety. I'm having to trust at a new level, and it's definitely stretching me. One of the things that's helped a lot is memorizing the following verse: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7) Every time I start to worry, I repeat it and it calms me immediately.

I know that I'm supposed to be a part of this trip, and instead of worrying, I choose to dwell on the incredible adventure and opportunity I've been given. And I have a hunch that it's going to be an adventure for Gary and the kids too!

Here's a YouTube video of last year's trip to South Africa. It's so neat to see where I'll be going. The scenery is breathtaking, and I can't wait to see the sweet faces of the people there.

http://youtu.be/-zvLYP6chPk

No comments:

Post a Comment